I'm home safe and sound with amazingly fast internet!
I'm definitely still in the processing phase of reentry so I don't have a very coherent post at the moment but I decided some pictures were in order just to show off how many things I can upload! I promise I'll write some more entries eventually, though.

Keenan and I went into London Friday from Egham, where Royal Holloway University is. This is the Eye of London, built for the millennium, next to Big Ben and the House of Parliament.

Friday night we went to Wicked at the Apollo Victoria for 15 pounds apiece - not bad! It was absolutely astonishing


The picturesque Zanzibar beaches. Like I said, Paradise.

Local women on the beach cleaning the fish they just caught and that we're about to eat :)

The House of Wonders in Stone Town - second largest doors in Africa! It also held its own during the shortest war in history (45 minutes vs. Britain)

This is inside a cathedral built by freed slaves on the site of the slave market in Stone Town. The supervisor left for a week and the slaves, unclear about how the pillars were supposed to look, installed all of them upside down. They're perfectly sturdy and really look normal until you know their flaw.

A poignant monument to the slaves that were bought, sold and killed at this site during the slave trade. The chain around their necks was actually found in the ocean off the shore of Bagamoyo from a sunken slave ship.

During our spice tour - a man climbing up a coconut tree to retrieve coconuts for us. It was incredible how fast he scurried up there!

Our trusty Cupcake! This is the dala dala that we took to the hot springs and that promptly died the morning we tried to leave. Also, you can't see it here, but he most definitely had leopard print upholstery.

My birthday dinner at the Arusha hotel - Christina, Jan and I

Momma and baby when we visited a home in Lake Eyasi in October. Adorable, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment